A voice for citizens and a force for change in Alameda since 1978
The League of Women Voters of Alameda (LWVA), founded in 1978, is a nonpartisan political organization in Alameda, CA. The LWVA encourages informed and active participation in government and influences public policy through impartial education and nonpartisan advocacy.
The League of Women Voters never supports or opposes any political party or candidate.
Public Events from LWVA Learn More
- Educational public forums on many issues that affect our community
About the LWV of Alameda Learn More
- Information about the League of Women Voters of Alameda
LWV of Alameda VOTER: Current and Recent Newsletters Learn More
- Current and recent issues of the VOTER from the Alameda League
League in Action: Current News Learn More
- Current League issues in the news
Calendar of Events Learn More
- Find out when and where the Alameda meetings are held.
About the League of Women Voters Learn More
- The League's mission, history, and structure
Join the Alameda League Learn More
- Why and how can you join our grassroots organization?
Join the Alameda League Leadership Team Learn More
- How can I help?
LWV of Alameda Position Statements Learn More
- Here are the positions adopted by the LWV of Alameda for the city and the county, including disaster preparedness.
ELECTIONS Learn More
- Who is on the ballot in the next election? What did candidates promise in the last election? How to register to vote? Smart Voter and Easy Voter Guide have it all.
Videos of Past Events Learn More
- Videos of past voter education events and forums